Econowave

Sync

Preporučeni Komentari

Pre godinu dana htedoh praviti neke hornetine... Te me Zen...ko ce drugi...uputi na ovu adresu http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150939 (morate se registrovati da bi videli slike)Te vamo, te tamo...po prici vec 50 zvanicno potvrdjenih i zadovoljnih ovim projektom zagrizoh udicu i ja.Prica je osmisljena oko jeftinog JBL waveguid-a i Selenium 220Ti kompresionog drajvera. Dobiti najbolje od zvuka horni al bez njenih mana...Treba "samo" naci odgovarajuci 12"-15" drajver koji moze sa lakocom nagurati do rezne frekvencije... Tu u pomoc opet uskoci Zen sa idejom o Beymi 12LW30/N i obavesti me da SuperFi, Impuls i Damir rade na istom projektu sa tom Beymom. Uradih nacrt za kutiju sestougaone osnove, narucih medijapan od 28mm, izmucih se ko magarac po ovoj vrucini seci uglove spojeva od 55C-67C, al polako se lepi vec i prica privodi kraju...

post-16-124886966938_thumb.jpg

post-16-12488696861_thumb.jpg

12LW30N.pdf

Beyma_for_Igor.pdf

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 212
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

A evo i mog zenskog kontrolora kvaliteta...novcano pogotovo...cisto da se dobija osecaj velicine tih drajvera.Sliku mene golog po zahtevu na pp :thumbsup: udara ova vrucina u glavu a sa pivom posebno...

post-16-1248870539_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Evo i izvestaja sa audiokarminog foruma o impresijama ljudi sto su odradili ovaj projekat..With 133 participants, an unprecedented 4450 posts, 174,000 views, and 38 AKers having completed "Official" projects, today is E'Wave's 1st anniversary. We've come a very long way with this simple concept through the continuing contributions of so many members, and I'm sure Jack joins me in thanking you all for making EconoWave such an outstanding success:Quote:Originally Posted by cuthien Horns arrived over the weekend and I have to say they sound absolutely beautiful even with incorrect coils that i used (don't have any 3mh right now.) I much preferred them to the altec 811b/806 horns drivers combo in my Altec Malibu. A big thank to everyone who contributed to this superb econo waveguide design.Quote:Originally Posted by dc270 They sound very good! The horn has excellent dispersion and covers its assigned music spectrum of 3,000khz~20,000khz very well with no obvious peaks or drop outs. The Selenium driver is VERY efficient so padding or LPads are needed. The driver exhibits very smooth sound and will not fatigue you like most will. The Klipsch Heresy horns will sonicly wear me down after 30~45 minutes of playing time- these did not after listening to them for over 3 hours!! These are the best $25 drivers you will ever see- beating out a lot of drivers at twice the price!! Long and short these could serve dual duties in a pro audio setting and even the efficient home audio low watt applications. These do perform quite well in both roles and actually look good doing it!DCQuote:Originally Posted by djnagle My ESS E-waves are complete. The bass was unbelievable…way down to the lowest bass note without rolloff, the mids were as clear and dynamic as you would expect from horns with ABSOLUTLY no horn sound. The high are sweet, sweet, sweet. The horns with the Zen amp sound very rich, detailed, and present.Quote:Originally Posted by gogofast With E'wave, the sound was just GRAND. sound stage opened up atleast 50% wider. imaging is amazingly clear and well defined. Compared to the 811 horns and the biamp set up i was using, let me just say, a lot of crap just got wiped off, and feels like someone just opened the window wide open. The sound is incredibly stable and solid. I just can't understand how this sound can come out of this little horn and the cab size i used......Update: after more than a month of everyday listening, I still think these are by far the best sounding speakers I've ever connected to my various systems. Yes, even compared to some of the huge Altec models which, to me, lacked smoothness that these Ecowaves produce.Quote:Originally Posted by mpmarino Econowave is well worth pursuing ...yep!Quote:Originally Posted by wianieq These are way above anything I have yet used.Quote:Originally Posted by Spectrum77 There's no dancing bloody banana to represent how these things sound.Quote:Originally Posted by Bauhausler It's a nice sound. With a new pair of speakers, what I notice first is what's right, then later the flaws become noticed. The midrange seems smooth. The presence region (1,500 - 3,000) may be a little depressed. They're definitely not forward in the presence. The shrillness and aggressiveness that so many of us hate in cheap horns is absent. The top end is very smooth, maybe on the sweet side. I'm convinced that this is a horn that would convert horn haters.Quote:Originally Posted by Cosmos At this point, I have heard only two EWG systems. Both were easily in the best sounding DIY speakers I ever heard. I suggest to anyone contemplating on whether or not it's worth it.: It is well worth it and will shake your conception of a low cost DIY speaker's ability to play with the big dogs. Do it.Quote:Originally Posted by Bauhausler Man, the ease and openness of this horn is outstanding. It's hard to imagine someone not liking the mids and treble from this system.Quote:Originally Posted by Zilch E'Wave is just plain silly good.... Quote:Originally Posted by Bauhausler Agreed on 'silly good'. I'm sitting here listening to my modded Audiophile Grade Sony SCPH-1001 PS-1 as a CD player, obsolete Yamaha C-2X preamp and intellectual property violating Rowland copy MOSFET amp with the ULA Ewaves and it's just absurd how good this sounds for how cheap/simple/easy it all is.Quote:Originally Posted by Andyman These sound, nice, real nice...Thanks to Jack, Zilch, Russell, Kegger, Denny and all the others for their input, guidance, design, support and general presence in helping me select and build these marvelous speakers. Quote:Originally Posted by TnT2 Man, I have been listening to this set up the past few days and if you are still on the fence on this project, get on with it!!! At first, I was afraid that the highs from the Selenium will kill my hearing like the highs from the Heresy and Altec Bolero (though the tweeter level is crudely adjustable). But no, the high is nice and smooth in my loft style bedroom. Time to get rid of some speakers.Quote:Originally Posted by Rapidroy you guys figured out the sound, I'm work'n on the style of the Altec's. Man they sound sweeeet.Quote:Originally Posted by Rex Everything OK....I gotta say Holy Crap! Already considering another pair. The Valencias and Chorus IIs may be heading out the door.Quote:Originally Posted by Cosmos They are freaky good, aren't they? The cost/benefit ratio is through the roof.Anybody who hasn't built a set yet and has even the slightest interest to tinker, is missing out.Quote:Originally Posted by 900ss It easily out performs anything I have built or bought and for way less $$....Quote:Originally Posted by Bauhausler The resulting speaker sounds excellent by any standard and sounds fabulous for what it costs. You literally can't buy sound as good as the Ewave series for less dough....Quote:Originally Posted by gogofast I personally think those two (Ewave & maggie amps) are the most enlightening things happened to me in last 3-4 years of my AK life. Quote:Originally Posted by Bauhausler I have the Utility Large Advent Ewaves hooked up next to the Linn Isobariks ($$$) both running off of an Accuphase P-300 that I just finished rehabbing. Switching back and forth reveals far less difference than you would expect from the comparison between Linn's best pro monitor and an amateur DIY horn conversion. The Ewave is just absurdly good.Quote:Originally Posted by Woofman As far as for home use, I have built many different speakers using a variety of drivers from Audax, Peerless, Dynaudio, Morel and Focal. The econowaves have nothing to be ashamed of. I am quite pleased with the detail and smoothness of the mid to upper registers. A little more open in the upper registers than the Morel and Dynaudio tweeters that I have used.Quote:Originally Posted by Vaughn It sounds reeeeaaaaalllly good!Quote:Originally Posted by gcarlberg I am astonished by the sound generated by these little guys.Quote:Originally Posted by hhibrownsbac Finally!!!! And it was worth the wait for sure. Well they are done! And I can honestly say they sound pretty good. It would be impossible to buy anything that performs this good for the investment thats for sure. Good Bass with sharp clear highs and mids. This was definitely a fun project with results I couldnt have imagined.Quote:Originally Posted by jimreeves By the way, thanks everyone for your work on this project. They sound terrific!Quote:Originally Posted by jimreeves Thanks for the nice comments, the OLAs were near perfect when I got them, I had a hard time justifying the chop-job. Once done I was amazed at the difference in soundstage, imaging and overall clarity of the HF. Anyone sitting on the fence should definately DIY! JimQuote:Originally Posted by packrat Instead of sounding like 2 speakers, with everything either on the left, the right, or in the middle, it's now spread out between the speakers. All this in a tiny room has typically been too much to ask for from every other speaker I've set up in the workshop. In fact, I've never expected 'imaging' of any sort because of the size of that room.Quote:Originally Posted by golana I was in dire need of a decent speaker, and this is, by far, is the best I've had ... I must say great sounding! Thanks again, These are KEEPERS. Quote:Originally Posted by HatchetJack Anybody on the fence about building a pair of these should just get on with it and "get er done" I am getting Mcintosh like performance with a Marantz receiver. Its a 200.00 or so project but much cheaper than buying a new amp or gear and you will have the satisfaction of "building it yourself".I finished my second pair a month or so back and loaned them to my brotherso they could get some burn in time. They replaced a mint pair of KLH 5'sand he said I could not have them back. Are they perfect? no, but close enough to start fine tuning and betterthan anything else I've listened to.Quote:Originally Posted by Wayne1 "I had the pleasure of hearing Wayne's UltraHacked Advent/JBL/Selenium combo today. Stunningly good for almost no money. "Quote:Originally Posted by vette1220 Thanks for the speaker info because these things sound awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by HatchetJack I went by vette1220's this afternoon and had a quick listen.We played around with the placement and got them up off the floor and onto some bar stools and I can confirm they sound awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by lico Ewaves rock.Quote:Originally Posted by GordonW THESE THINGS SOUND ABSOLUTELY IN - CREDIBLE !!!!!Quote:Originally Posted by Maxdd My Econowaves have been playing for a few weeks now and I've been totally loving them. They kick ass as my front theater speakers. Voice tracks are crystal clear, explosions are room shaking, and I no longer need to use my subs.Wave ON!!

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Chakija zadavicu te... Ne preteruj...kupicu ti pivo svakako! :blink: Babel (drveni tabure u pozadine na jednoj od slika :rofl: ce gurati ove kutije....ima ga i SuperFi...a on ima i primare za izvor :thumbsup: Izvor ce mi biti grundig cd9000 i wolfson wm8741 evaluation board...LDR pasivni preamp...XLR veza od wm8741 pa do Babela.

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

izmucih se ko magarac po ovoj vrucini seci uglove spojeva od 55C-67C, al polako se lepi vec i prica privodi kraju...

Uh,razumem te skroz sto se tice muke oko secenja uglova (i mi isto tako izgibosmo oko Mau-a ali se trud isplatio)Sjajno izgledaju-nadam se da ces biti zadovoljan i zvukom! :thumbsup:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Uh,razumem te skroz sto se tice muke oko secenja uglova (i mi isto tako izgibosmo oko Mau-a ali se trud isplatio)Sjajno izgledaju-nadam se da ces biti zadovoljan i zvukom! :thumbsup:

kako si ti napredovao - po pitanju razrade i prilagodjavanja ?
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hvala Davore... nadam se i ja da ce opravati ocekivanja.Sve sam nekim prc rucnim cirkularom izvlacio :thumbsup: a on ima odredjeno odstupanje kad noz izlazi iz materijala i nije opterecjen. Pa po tri puta mincaj i podesavaj meru. Srecom isekao sam sablone sa potrebnim uglovima da bi lakse proveravao.Bila je mudrost i podesiti broj obrtaja na frezi pri upustanju rupa za waveguide. Ako je mali onda cupka medijapan a opet ako je na max oslobadja se lepak iz medijapana i lepi na noz. Noz tada otezano prolazi i naravno koristim vecu sili da guram frezu...i onda samo od jednom lepak izgori, otpadne sa noza i freza poleti iz ruku koji mm.

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

kako si ti napredovao - po pitanju razrade i prilagodjavanja ?

Ma samo razrađujem drajvere :thumbsup: Navikavam se na hornu i svakim danom mi to sve lepse zvuči.Ima dana za prilagođavanje komore...I ovako je :blink:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Sync, svaka cast za projekat :blink: Bas sam nesto pokusavao zadnjih dana da prekopavam po ogromnom Econowave thread-u na Audiokarmi, i umorih se :thumbsup: I bas razmisljam, bilo bi lepo da imamo neku sazetu temu Econowave-a sa prakticnim iskustvima, driverima koji se mogu naci i kod nas..kad ono...ti vec skoro napravio zvuchnike :rofl::rofl: E sad, o'ma varijacije..."klasicni" Econowave projekat-zvuchnik ima 10" ili 12" bas u zatvorenoj kutiji, ili bas reflex-u..Pitam se sta bi se dobilo kada bi tu "klasicnu" kutiju zamenili hornom (recimo 8" zvuchnik u BiB-u) do 1.5 Khz, a waveguide na gore...Pozdrav,Vix

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

U zadnjih par stranica na audiokarmi cesh moci procitati zasto ne ici ispod 10"...treba uklopiti disperziju sa hornicom a tu najbolje pashu 12".A sto se reza u skretnici tice>The Selenium is an excellent driver for this particular project. The design uses it perfectly with the crossover, combining its need to be crossed high enough to be within its window of operation ( electrical crossover at 3000)and the crossover circuit's ability ( when combined with the 220 ti) to allow an accoustical point of around 1600.Sto znaci treba naci nesto sto gura solo skoro do 3k a da opet ima dovoljno basa... Beyma odradjuje taj posao odlicno. Padale su meni na pamet razne eminence bete lt i koje sta u bib varijanti. Al ovo mi bila sigurica...A posle uvek se moze uvrnuti neki b&c de250 ili tome slicna zverka zarad vece rezolucije u zvuku. I da, uboli su na audiokarmi tabu temu sa skretnicom koja u sebi ima dve 9V baterije da bi kondenzatori stalno bili puni (opet neka stara JBL fora)...par ljudi koji su odratili tu skretnicu tvrde da razbistri krajnje visoke kod selenijuma. Znaci uvek mesta za dodatnu modifikaciju.

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

U zadnjih par stranica na audiokarmi cesh moci procitati zasto ne ici ispod 10"...treba uklopiti disperziju sa hornicom a tu najbolje pashu 12".

Hvala, posto nisam ni blizu tih par zadnjih stranica, skoro sam odustao od citanja..

Padale su meni na pamet razne eminence bete lt i koje sta u bib varijanti. Al ovo mi bila sigurica...

To je i meni palo na pamet, Beta lt u BiB-u sa waveguide-om bi mogla zvuciti fenomenalno, ili pa mozda biti potpuni promasaj...

I da, uboli su na audiokarmi tabu temu sa skretnicom koja u sebi ima dve 9V baterije da bi kondenzatori stalno bili puni (opet neka stara JBL fora)...par ljudi koji su odratili tu skretnicu tvrde da razbistri krajnje visoke kod selenijuma. Znaci uvek mesta za dodatnu modifikaciju.

I meni bi trebale neke baterije da mi razbistre mozak...sto vise citam,to manje kontam... :) :)p.s. Zen Mod, ocigledno i tebi trebaju baterije :P:)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...