Donut a' la overkill

Magura

Preporučeni Komentari

To get the heat from the active devices, to the heatsink assembly, either a lot of metal, or carbon seemed to be the options. At this point it gets to become an issue when talking weight. The 35kg mark has been passed, and the box is neither complete, nor has any electronic component been mounted.So, the solution ended up being carbon. Honeywell makes some real nice stuff for this purpose, which is 100% carbon, but with a fiber structure.This material allows the use as a structural part, which is pretty nifty in this case.Pic shows the parts so far, and a test piece of carbon.Magura :P

post-18-1241200392_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 562
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

Now perhaps a foot would be nice, no?To get rid of the transformer, and shielding it as well, I made a hollow foot big enough to contain it. This also allows for an AC inlet and the on/off contactor. So no mains in the box for the amp.Magura :P

post-18-1241271347_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

And here you got a pic of the main persons involved in this project, including their significant others :P Behind: Steenoe and his Mrs.Left to right: Mr. and Mrs. Cviller, Mr. and Mrs. MaguraMagura :P

post-18-1241428456_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

And here you got a pic of the main persons involved in this project, including their significant others :P Behind: Steenoe and his Mrs.Left to right: Mr. and Mrs. Cviller, Mr. and Mrs. MaguraMagura :P

where is pic of Drek ? ;)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hi guysNice pic's magura and a nice forum to post them in ;) Where is the Pass department and who is that distinguished gentleman on the pic in post above? :msn-rofl:;)

;) welcome Lucky Luke ;) believe or not , we don't have dedicated Pass board . :)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Thanks for the welcome ;) Magura, I am really thrilled for you, seeing that those amps a getting finished. I know you put countless hours into making them and finding all those fancy materials. Those amps are surely the most extreme DIY effort on the planet. Cant wait to hear, if the sound is just as great as the looks ;):msn-rofl:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Thanks for the welcome ;) Magura, I am really thrilled for you, seeing that those amps a getting finished. I know you put countless hours into making them and finding all those fancy materials. Those amps are surely the most extreme DIY effort on the planet. Cant wait to hear, if the sound is just as great as the looks ;);)

Welcome Steen, I wondered what you were waiting for ;) ...and thanks. Sound should not be much behind the design :) Magura :msn-rofl:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

...and thanks. Sound should not be much behind the design ;) Magura :msn-rofl:

Hopefully, the relation between the outlook and the sound will be as it's with mine. It sounds much better than it looks. Since your amp already looks fantastic (I can see that from what you do) it should be ... hmph... Lemme think... fantastic, fantastic..er ... well, whatever would come next ;)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hopefully, the relation between the outlook and the sound will be as it's with mine. It sounds much better than it looks. Since your amp already looks fantastic (I can see that from what you do) it should be ... hmph... Lemme think... fantastic, fantastic..er ... well, whatever would come next ;)

The odds that it sounds fairly good, are not too bad. I have had a much simpler prototype up running, based on the same approach, which I was quite impressed with. The prototype was pretty much an inductor loaded F3, plus-minus some details. This circuit should beat the pants off the prototype. (I hope ;) )Magura :msn-rofl:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

I envy you, you seem to get enough time to fiddle with such details I can't even get enough time to think about... Beatiful details, though... To make myself clear, have to drill 8 holes in a copper rod and make M3 thread inside the holes, mount the output devices and finish my Aleph 5. Doing it since September last year... :msn-rofl:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...