Mini monitori....

Mikorist

Preporučeni Komentari

• Odgovora 419
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

ovo je da poludis :connie_nutzo:

Thank you Mark for the wonderful Alpair 7!

I'd like to use this post to share some observations and hope to fish some info on FR building. So thanks for hearing me out. (Thanks to all other gurus on this forum as well )

I was on CSS's FR125 for a while. They were great. Huge bass. Nice speed. But alas, one of the drivers started to have nasty noise. So I started to prowl for something else. Wanted a pair of Jordans but they are pricey. Fostex's are smooth but not my cup of tea. So ended up with A7 just to try something new and still keep to the similar 4-5 inch dimension. 100 hours on and I'm hearing the high frequencies shine!

So here is my observation of A7 in the same 7 litre BR MDF box that FR125 was in.

Ana Caram's Meditation is totally seductive on A7! Imaging more pleasing. Deeper soundstage.

Yo-Yo Ma's cello is definitely sweeter than when produced from FR125. Reverbs and resonance of the wood is now giving me the pleasure of listening.

Eric Clapton's Unplugged "Malted Milk" and "Old Love" guitar solos just knocks me over. Loving the HF! I'm now hearing more of the nuances from the guitaring. Simply incredible. (BTW, is this what people call "high resolution" sound?)

Astrud Gilberto's "I'm Nothing Without You" is now lulling me into nirvana! Her whispering singing is so much more intimate than before. Accompaniment from trumpet and trombone are just so balanced and smoothing while never harsh as would brass instruments be at times. And HF produced are never bright! (I'm using Robert Lai's UPOCC solid core from NewClassD to A7)

However, I am still waiting for the low frequencies to come through. They are not producing the LF the way FR125 is.

So my query is: can I expect A7 to bring out the LF similar to FR125 over time with patience? Or should I start planning for a TL or BLH? I'm looking for well-defined LF while keeping good soundstaging that A7 is producing.

Or should I wait for the new Alpair 10 FR before I plan for new enclosures?

BTW, thanks for the great work with these new drivers. You have allowed a novice like me to experience music reproduction to new levels at such low cost. Now I'm greedy and want more! haha.. So would you kindly give some hint as to how much more I can expect with this A7 and the new A10? Cheers!

ovaj je lud - u jednoj recenici jedno u drugoj drugo - a slusao je oba :sarcastic_hand:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/153748-marks-new-alpair-7-a-4.html#post2087524

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

...samo citaj, citaj, citaj :sarcastic_hand:

Lik je koristio kutiju od CSS za Alpair.

hmmm - nije lose, nije lose....

svidja mi se ovaj ugao:

Postavljena slika :sarcastic_hand:

Features

* Two colour choices, gun-metal grey and classic gold.

* Drivers are packed in pairs with 2 X 2mm thick seals and 8 X 22-mm long Hex head wood screws.

* Handling Donʼt touch the cone or cap. These are delicate components.

* Running in period The Alpair 7 has advanced suspensions that require careful running in: Donʼt use any kind of artificially generated sound signal. Hours 1 to 20. Low volume vocal and light music, no heavy bass. Hours 21 to 120, gradually increase the volume to normal listening levels and gently introduce rhythmic bass music. Patience and care will bring musical rewards.

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Mikore,

gde si slusao FR i sta te je privuklo tom zvuku?

PozdraV

prvi put u zivotu kad sam imao 5 godina na Babinom starom lampaskom radio aparatu. :buehehe:

posle toga vise puta po BG.

sta me privlaci ? prvi utisak slusanja kad sam bio dete a i posle....

sav zvuk ide iz jedne tacke i sabira se trenutno u njoj - neuporedivo bolji zvuk za moje usi :Viannen_loungelizard:

a i nije samo zvuk....put signala :sarcastic_hand:

kod vise sitemaca mora da se stavlja skretnica pa da se proracunavaju prigusnice

uparuju kondezatori.....cinculira.... pa koliko ima sistema - puta toliko kablova do njih. :sarcastic_hand:

ovde i ne moram nista da stavim izmedju - ima kablove da zalemim za zvucnike direktno - a na drugom kraju lemim za pojacalo :welding:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

"sav zvuk ide iz jedne tacke i sabira se trenutno u njoj - neuporedivo bolji zvuk za moje usi :Viannen_loungelizard: "

Zvuk je kompletan dok si u nivou te tacke, ako pomeris usesa gubi se komplet...

bar ja izgubim. A ti imas/nemas takav utisak? Ili ti to ne smeta?

PozdraV

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

"sav zvuk ide iz jedne tacke i sabira se trenutno u njoj - neuporedivo bolji zvuk za moje usi :Viannen_loungelizard: "

Zvuk je kompletan dok si u nivou te tacke, ako pomeris usesa gubi se komplet...

bar ja izgubim. A ti imas/nemas takav utisak? Ili ti to ne smeta?

PozdraV

soba mi je 18 kvadrata - tesko da se gubi bilo sta sa FR u malom prostoru.

inace najbolji u zivotu zvuk preko FR-a (CSS) imao sam prilke u automobilu da slusam (mali prostor) .

govno mi se zaledilo :crazyrocker:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

soba mi je 18 kvadrata - tesko da se gubi bilo sta sa FR u malom prostoru.

inace najbolji u zivotu zvuk preko FR-a (CSS) imao sam prilke u automobilu da slusam (mali prostor) .

govno mi se zaledilo :crazyrocker:

E, u redu ondaK... ja nemam problema sa stolicom Postavljena slika.

PozdraV

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Cekaj bre Miko, nema to veze sto je 18 kvadrata, dok sedis imas visoke, kad ustanes - nemas, kao da si odvio tonsku kontrolu skroz ulevo... tako je barem kod Vlade sa njegovim Vizatonima ( a verovatno ce biti i kod mene, samo sto meni to i ne smeta toliko)... Doduse, nisu ni svi fullrange drajveri isti po pitanju disperzije/usmerenosti visokih tonova, navodno ovi A2 i Ciare135 imaju bolju disperziju zvuka, i siri i vislji sweetspot... tako bar kazu ljudi po forumima :bathroom:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

no ne posle ovakvih tekstova

Depends. Got some EL70s the other day and with minimal break-in I installed them in a pair of MLTLs originally optimized for RS 40-1354 that lately have been loaded with the older FR125S, so the cab's net Vb is a bit too large for the latter and technically ~2x too large for EL70s, but what the heck..........

Note that the signal chain currently is an old entry level RS 100 W receiver, ~$65 Best Buy (5) CD changer and ancient '70s era Technics one octave 'slider' EQ, so I imagine most have already quit reading.

So far, only two 'reviewers', age 63 (me), 66 (Buzz) who have come by their reduced hearing honestly, i.e. decades of loud racing, concerts, dance clubs/bars, mass quantities of booze, etc.. The one saving grace is that our tinnitus apparently makes us very sensitive to harmonic distortion centered around 2-4-8 kHz and we've had a lot of exposure to live un-amplified music.

Speakers are ~2 ft from the front wall, ~8 ft away from the listening position and lined up with each end of a ~100" wide sofa backed up against the rear wall and toe'd in so that the left speaker is aimed at the far right seat and vice versa. This results in good good imaging/sound-staging, though neither of us put much stock in these particular performance attributes for music reproduction.

The FR125S does everything better overall for as high as we can hear and well worth the little extra they cost, but has enough harmonic distortion to require keeping the major SQ robbing EQ hooked up full time to notch down the 2, 8 kHz points a few dB whereas the EL70 is much more benign (less 'forward'), so we can live without the EQ except for when rolling off the output below ~40 Hz is required. So I either need to add some big baffle 'wings' to get them to ~30" wide or use a BSC filter as the cabs are tuned to well below their published Fs.

Since both are so inefficient I probably won't mess with electrical BSC, though in the current apartment app the FR125S can handle all of the jazz that Buzz (66) only listens to at the loudest his neighbors will tolerate. The EL70 OTOH goes into a really nasty sounding distortion with some of Diana Krall's, Takashi Ohi's and Art Blakey's music, though there hasn't been time to go through his whole library yet, but at least it doesn't bottom out without any warning like the FR125S will when its limit is reached. Rather mysteriously ATM, the EL70 does Brian Bromberg even louder down low than the Fr125S while it does PF's DSOTM louder as it should. Weird........

Of course, opting for a bipole such as Jim Griffin's MLTL solves the BSC issue, though after auditioning them recently I personally would have both the rear driver and vent down at the bottom with an acoustic filter over both to severely limit their BW above a few hundred Hz in lieu of an electrical filter. Maybe tuned to different frequencies too........

Bottom line, if using a woofer, we both would prefer the EL70 overall, but as a single driver, a tweaked (smoother) FR125S or at least a 'transparent' digital EQ in the signal chain would be the hand's down winner, at least so far..........

Next up is to try and have my 'cake' and 'eat it too' with some form of pipe horn (aka BIB) for the EL70 later in the Fall unless someone beats me to it.

GM

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/css/148401-introducing-new-css-el70-3.html#post1905194

verovarno da Alpair 7 ima bolji bas i srednje tonove no nisam siguran i za disperziju visokih :scratch_head:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

projektuj mi kutiju do 11 litara za taj drajver pa se ne ubij :sarcastic_hand:idem sa kutijom od 7-11 litara preko toga necu da slusam ni kod sebe ni kod drugih a ni da uporedjujem..... :hi:

kod Slobe cujes osnovni karakter a onda uzmes varijantu tog istog drivera - AlNiCoeve ti Sonido nacrt za kutiju , a od toga moze i bolje - moze da se uradi transmisijacena - po cenovniku u onoj Sonido temi - bese oko 110 par , ali mislim da je to i manje ako uzimas ditto kod njih

post-2-0-20279000-1295112866_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...