Donut a' la overkill

Magura

Preporučeni Komentari

Right now, the rectifier boards are almost finished, just the solder-mask left.

Just don't say these are one inch thick...I won't be able to stop thinking you have some sort of small-size complex... Regarding size of things... I know I do... :huh: BTW, if you are looking for proper size of caps, I have a few... 18 or so of these... Would be glad to swap them for a same make CD-960... :huh:post-13-1245349854_thumb.jpgAnd I could throw in two pairs of spk-conns... smaller ones... as on the image...post-13-1245349928_thumb.jpgdammit... edited the post too late...
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 562
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

Just don't say these are one inch thick...I won't be able to stop thinking you have some sort of small-size complex... Regarding size of things... I know I do... :huh:

Well, it's either calculations, or just make them real big. I made my choice :huh: They're "only" 3.3mm thick, but it's 2 oz. copper and PTFE with glass. I made a quick back o' napkin calc, which exposed the spades as the weak link, the rest does more than 100A :huh: Magura :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Ohh, and welcome to the club Stein :huh: A pic of half of the CLC of the amp in question.Magura :huh:

Nice to meet people who are as coockoo as myself... :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

BTW, if you are looking for proper size of caps, I have a few... 18 or so of these... Would be glad to swap them for a same make CD-960... :huh:post-13-1245349854_thumb.jpgAnd I could throw in two pairs of spk-conns... smaller ones... as on the image...post-13-1245349928_thumb.jpgdammit... edited the post too late...

Naah, I just sent a bunch of the Siemens equivalent of those caps to Choky.....and those binding posts :huh: Really Stein, for a guy with a very well developed size complex, that's not gonna fly :huh: Next in line is actually most likely some respectable binding posts, just ordered the material today, zirconium-chrome-copper. Real nice stuff, uhmn, and the TiN plating :huh: Magura :lol:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Usually the word people use when I'm around is "insane" :huh: Magura :huh:

My father in law used to say I'm insane... Last time when he was visiting, he saw my speakers and said that I finally managed to do something beyond his capability to describe it with words that would describe me as "sick in the head"... This, he described as ingenious... (I didn't have the heart to tell him that electrostatics are actually not my invention...) :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Magura ...... you know that Papa is plain def to my cries for adoption .......on second thought , will ya adopt me ?I'm eager to learn to make these Metaldanske thingies ........ :huh:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Magura ...... you know that Papa is plain def to my cries for adoption .......on second thought , will ya adopt me ?I'm eager to learn to make these Metaldanske thingies ........ :huh:

How about an on-line seminar? You know, the Mrs. sure won't appreciate any more children, and if we will have to adopt both you and Stein, that's simply just not gonna fly :huh: I'll add a sample to your little package (which by the way is getting close to take-off, as I cut PCB for you as well when making those boards).Magura :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Usually the word people use when I'm around is "insane" :huh: Magura :huh:

"Nutz" pretty much cover the facts :huh: Those rectifier boards are turning out as the rest of the amp. Over the top :huh: Did you build and test the amp boards yet? Probably some tweaking to do on those :lol: Nice emoticons here in ZM's sandbox :lol::lol:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

naah , I'm not hungry for knowledge ( who is , anyway :huh: ) , but for love and appreciation .......

Magura,As I grow to be older, I realized that I can kiss-goodbye both love and appreciation, since I'm becoming too old and too ugly for those things... Guess whatever I got until now, that's it... So, stuff and knowledge will be fine. As said, getting older doesn't really give me advantage in the learning process, so, I'll be happy with whatever I'll get. That leaves me with material things... So, whatever you want to send to ZenMod by postal service, I'll humbly accept and in return, I'll love and appreciate him... Or not... (my favourite quote...) :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Did you build and test the amp boards yet? Probably some tweaking to do on those :huh::huh:

Build : yesTest : no As I am out of hefty rectifiers and still lack some parts for the PSU.I do plan to get this running sometime in July though, so it won't be long :huh: Magura :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Damned Stein, had you only posted 10 minutes earlier, then you'd have it your way, but the goodie-bag just went in the mail. :huh: Magura :huh:

Bah, as said, I can only use things that don't need knowledge... Whatever you sent off, probably would be worthless in my hands (as usually) :huh: BTW, I'm not writing in this thread to contribute in a useful manner or to give suggestions, not even to learn, but to keep it on top and remind you that it's here... And I'm reeeally curious what will the end of it be... :huh:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

So, today was a step closer to flicking the switch.I for some reason couldn't find the isolation washers for TO-3 packages, so, yes you guessed it, I machined a bunch instead.Not being able to find them is maybe to stretch the truth, but the only place withing the kingdom I found them, is from Elfa, and they want 1.5eur a piece.Not happening for the pi$$ poor nylon version.So I made some out of FR4 board, they even got copper on the upper surface, and a nice press fit :rofl: Magura :rofl:

post-18-1245618347_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

....I for some reason couldn't find the isolation washers for TO-3 packages, so, yes you guessed it, I machined a bunch instead...Magura :rofl:

You did it again ! Whatever you need - you just machine it !The universe as it is, is not going to tolerate those escapades of yours much longer - you know the "Pinocchio" story :rofl:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...