SemiSouth power Jfets .......... FW J2

Zen Mod

Preporučeni Komentari

Hi ZM,I got my PCBs from "printed.cz" and am busy populating them.I do have a question, to start off...the zener diodes for output SEMI's protection do you advise their inclusion or not ?I'm not sure if i should put them in or not, although i did include them in the PCB redesign. :sporty095_2:

Hi CVI agree with my Tweetie friend :sarcastic_hand: - they're must , for mentioned reasonsbut - you can omit them if you have variac , and you know what you're doing in every moment of first powering upI didn't had them even in prototyping stage , but I later include them on schm tnx to AR2 - who manage to scorche two semisouths :rofl: , due to lazyness ........ didn't checked LEDs from drawer ( those for cascode biasing) ...... anyway - you can put them for start , and cut them from circuit later , when all settings is done
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 1.1k
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

• 1 month later...

naah that's ZM's "Fugly!"meaning - I'm bored to repeat usual cheering praises and phrases , and I like that .....so - that Wiki page is missing most important meaning of "Fugly!" ...... :sarcastic_hand:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

naah that's ZM's "Fugly!"meaning - I'm bored to repeat usual cheering praises and phrases , and I like that .....so - that Wiki page is missing most important meaning of "Fugly!" ...... :sarcastic_hand:

or to quote someone you should know quite well: "language is more than words".... :Viannen_loungelizard:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

I later include them on schm tnx to AR2 - who manage to scorche two semisouths :rofl: , due to lazyness ........ didn't checked LEDs from drawer ( those for cascode biasing) ......

Careful with that Axe Eugene!

This is pure example of miss information. Postavljena slika LEDs were purchased and not from my drawer. Diameter was not specified, if memory serves me well, just green ones. So I got the big ones instead of the smaller ones. It is possible that I am wrong on this but I remember thinking which ones to get, and that is the part of the process I hate the most... looking at million choices at Mouser catalog. As the result we were not able to set it up until we took two out. And yes, I guess that managed to burn two of the precious devices, my dear Eugene. Postavljena slika

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

sorry Bubba it was just another unsuccessful try of Mighty ZM to be informative and amusing , in same time ;not much of amusement , neither much of info :buehehe:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Bubba is right, :Viannen_loungelizard: I also bought first the big green ones and was astonished how many different choices I had, but after some scratching of my head I realized the Master Zen Mod liked in Pumpkin the little small green ones .... :connie_nutzo: :connie_nutzo: .So I bought a new batch and had no trouble.... :character13: It is always good to know the habits of ones master.... :Viannen_loungelizard:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• 3 nedelje kasnije...

Generg, what does your BJ2 look like now?Sorry been off list for some time. Shamefully I removed R100's I had from BJ2 to try J2R1 looking thing and caught one of pair on fire.So had to get some more. It's on the short list now.I am considering throwing in a 22v tranny instread to take adjantage of cascode as AR2 did. Matters not too soon. Hot as pavement over here right now. no Listening. :hot:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...