SemiSouth power Jfets .......... FW J2

Zen Mod

Preporučeni Komentari

Hi tea-bag,It is incredible to hear your continuing story of pity with J2 ......You must hear this amp, it is lovely, especially in voices. Not totally exact, but the most charming boy I have heard.......I wrote already that BJ2 is a bit more dur and the other version is a bit more moll. It's only a matter of taste or mood.....And I prefer J2 clearly to F5.It seems to be a long time since Nelson gives free the circuit........

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• 2 nedelje kasnije...
  • Odgovora 1.1k
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

Hi guys,My BJ2 is finished, had to adjust a couple of resistors to get alignment but it has run for 3 days and been realigned, stability temp and alignments are fine, it's running at 2A bias, rail voltage 25,4 V Sound is ....................gorgeous, comparing to my F5 it seems to have more definition and "attack" , very well defined bass....voices have been praised by many....i agree, and it's very easy on the ears, no hints of tyring effects. here are some pictures as promised with a huge thank you to mighty ZM... :respect: :respect: :respect::guitarplayer: :guitarplayer: :guitarplayer:

post-196-0-28833800-1312224983_thumb.jpg

post-196-0-20427100-1312224994_thumb.jpg

post-196-0-92850400-1312225002_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Just so you know what i have to play with the BJ2, from left to right; The Orions 3.4 ( last version with original woofers ), obviously i don't have enough BJ2s to play them with but remain my reference system with an ATI amp ( 12x 60 W ).The little passive speakers i have at the moment to test with, Mordant short 89dB, not in the league of F5 and BJ2 but boy do they sound good !My developing Shiga Clone...plays great but not up to the Shanling on it's right yet, behind that is a Bufallo DAC.Shanling with new discreet IVs, developed with the help of your's trully....ZM, my reference CD player.BJ2 ofcourse and the Orions' Analog processor.......

post-196-0-84625800-1312318053_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

:oke: plenty of space , for additional Donut , caps pcb and diodes then you'll have even more holographic atmosphere , also more authoritative lower register btw - caps are ?
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

The PSU is pass standard 4x15u TSHA each channel with CL60 from ground to chassis and another one in series with primary. dead quiet.Transformer is Toroidy 400VA , 2 18V secondaries. You think going double mono is better ?....2 300VA transformers ? would really appreciate your input on this, wouldn't mind going for a all tricked out PSU for it, if it gets any better i'm making a pedestal for it ..... :msn-rofl:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

just double existing one ; so one dedicated PSU per channel try to find place for motor-run bypass caps ( as finals in PSU) my preferred are ICAR 50-70uF ones ; considering that you'll have trouble with space - use 30uF ones :cheers:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

just double existing one ; so one dedicated PSU per channel try to find place for motor-run bypass caps ( as finals in PSU) my preferred are ICAR 50-70uF ones ; considering that you'll have trouble with space - use 30uF ones :cheers:

Great, i'll look for the motor run caps locally, ICAR is difficult to get i think....but i'll look around...thanks again ZM .I'll make another bottom plate and optimize layout for double mono, you bet I'll fit the motor run caps.....:-)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• 1 month later...

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...