Donut a' la overkill

Magura

Preporučeni Komentari

just as a reminder ....... when schematic was born :character13:even if case was started years ago ........ :)http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/133433-choky-susy-f3-lu1014s.htmlthere is a pic of two of my big boyz ....... not some wussy round thingies of 25 killos :) big boyz - courtesy of Zflazar

post-2-126173419389_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 562
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

there is a pic of two of my big boyz ....... not some wussy round thingies of 25 killos :character13: big boyz - courtesy of Zflazar

Hey that's pretty cool :D ....and they're connected in the amp the same way as mine :( Now refresh my memory, they were like 2kVA?Magura :rofl:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hey that's pretty cool :character13: ....and they're connected in the amp the same way as mine :D Now refresh my memory, they were like 2kVA?Magura :rofl:

lazy Metaldanske ....... :(here it is : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/133433-choky-susy-f3-lu1014s-7.html#post1744811(yup = same way connected as yours)

post-2-126175361691_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Define "cook" ?Magura :rofl:

Maybe it's just the picture that creates such an impression, but it looks like the RIFAs are attached directly to heatsink - and knowing you, that heatsink is going to be hot :character13:I'd put some thermal isolation between the RIFAs and the heatsink - that will prolong ELKO's life significantly.
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Maybe it's just the picture that creates such an impression, but it looks like the RIFAs are attached directly to heatsink - and knowing you, that heatsink is going to be hot :DI'd put some thermal isolation between the RIFAs and the heatsink - that will prolong ELKO's life significantly.

Thanks for the hint. Usually you'd be right :rofl: -but not in this case. Less than 10C above ambient according to my calcs. So the copper strips would actually be cooling the Rifa's.This is not my usual approach, as you have noticed, but in this case, it's an amp that's gonna stay in the living room, and the Mrs. should preferably stay as well :character13: Magura :(
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

.... and the Mrs. should preferably stay as well :D

If that's the way the things are - you don't seem to have much choice :character13:But I wonder... women usually don't object the heat, it's the bulk that usually bothers them - big things use to scare them, and you got the opposite situation :rofl:BTW, I can't help admiring those crazy bolts you made, do you mind showing the screwdriver you use to handle them?
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

If that's the way the things are - you don't seem to have much choice :character13:But I wonder... women usually don't object the heat, it's the bulk that usually bothers them - big things use to scare them, and you got the opposite situation :rofl:

Oh, the Mrs. is actively participating in designing and so forth, so no problem there......but she has little (ok, none) tolerance towards open wires that are powered, or if she risks getting burned or shocked in general.

BTW, I can't help admiring those crazy bolts you made, do you mind showing the screwdriver you use to handle them?

Thanks :D There you go. It's not really a screwdriver, but a set of sockets for a socket wrench. The bolts serve their purpose well. They take up less space, than any other standard bolt type I know of, and can be tightened to their max anyway. The only drawback they have, is that they're fiddly to get the socket into, but not an issue for those few bolts. They wouldn't fly in an industrial situation, unless there were no other options.Magura :(

post-18-126177597969_thumb.jpg

post-18-126177599634_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Можда му неко ради у "КИА Моторс"!?стоН_Колд

Ma jok, na brezonu je sigurnosna matica a Magura je ovo napravio kao sraf - ima glavu a brezon nema, njemu je jedan kraj sa narezanim navojem a drugi se sastaje sa tockom.
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...