SemiSouth power Jfets .......... FW J2

Zen Mod

Preporučeni Komentari

turn back R25 to zero , increase value of R26 for max 220R ( from 390 to ,say, 610-620 (whatever you have in drawer) ) ;

turn R25 up , to have 0 offset

set both Iq and offset - fiddling iteratively with R12 and R25

Tea - these are simple things

if you can't do it easily on Sunday afternoon - leave it for tomorrow

These are simple things :blink:

So I am at 680R for R26, and best offset so far is achieved with R25 at max, R12 at min.

Are you suggesting I try 220R for R26? :dubbio:

Sorry if I am coming across as dumbass. (true nature)

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 1.1k
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

good news...after half an hour the optocoupling device tracks the current precisely and offset is stable around 1mV plus minus 5mVeven at 1,4 A and 6 times o,25 Ohm!@tea-bag: good luck and I hope the sound will change in the direction you want!

post-262-0-70569100-1292177495_thumb.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

So I am at 680R for R26, and best offset so far is achieved with R25 at max, R12 at min.

completely logical and in line what I'm writing all the time

Are you suggesting I try 220R for R26? :dubbio:

nope - that will increase negative offset

what I said is " increase R26 for 220R"

Sorry if I am coming across as dumbass.

not dumbass , but you're obviously working today without enough concentration
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

This still doesn't make sense to me. You mean R25 to 220R (max for it)??

My thinking tells me to use 1K instead of 680R, should get more wiggle room with R25 pot. 680R improved over 470R, which was improved over 390R original. OR I should try to swap R25 to 1K pot. This makes sense to me.... :frusty:

More resistance here has been dropping the offset, but not enough room to get near 0v. :P

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

This still doesn't make sense to me. You mean R25 to 220R (max for it)??

My thinking tells me to use 1K instead of 680R, should get more wiggle room with R25 pot. 680R improved over 470R, which was improved over 390R original. OR I should try to swap R25 to 1K pot. This makes sense to me.... :frusty:

More resistance here has been dropping the offset, but not enough room to get near 0v. :P

Let me translate: Increase R26 for 220R = Increase R26 by 220R, as in "add 220R to R26"

Magura :D

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

One pair of SemiS sound much better than two pairs, maybe not closely matched enough........I am still a little bit fascinated by 6x 0,25 Ohm and 1,4A@sp300b I am too lazy today to change to your values ..... tomorrow......and the Aleph 3 has 60W on my 4 Ohm box and Babelfish J2 13W, of cause Aleph 3 seems in some aspects more impressive....I now change to the Sonidos and compare both amps (but only channel, I have no two complete amps) :to_become_senile:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hi sp300b,Only for your information, I was reading many sides about mufollowers, the one tazzz recommended gives the lowest value to the upper resistor, but most sides advice to make the resistor in the middle the highest.That was your preferred constellation. Tomorrow I will choose 0,25/0,47/0,25 nearly the same like you and possible with the values I have.The second channel will have the original constellation so I can compare easily...I simply wish more body all other aspects are very good...

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

dear Zen Mod, :Viannen_loungelizard: is it possible that C3 and C4 are in the signal path from the lower to the upper JFet?does that mean we can influence sound a little bit by choosing different caps or bypass caps?I yes and if we all took different caps, it may explain a bit the differences in sound impression between "wodka" or "champaign"...... :Viannen_loungelizard:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

wellness , fitness , well being , quality of life , mu , 42 , Tendon of Sound , whatever :buehehe:don't make that mistake again , and read seriously what I wrote :sarcastic_hand:you remember how's measured AC gain (of Aleph CCS) in Aleph output stage ?pretty much the same - feed it with 400Hz sinethen measure AC voltage across lower SS source resistor ( R37 // R31 ), then measure across upper SS source resistor (R22 // R29)compareI didn't ...... :Viannen_loungelizard:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

thank you Zen Mod, you are really a good guy-de in electronics ......... I hope our many questions and trials of modifications do not bother you :bathroom: ........ these details are our playground :to_become_senile: .... and we all learn something :girl_devil: ..........where are you playing along? :sporty095_2:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

........where are you playing along? :sporty095_2:

rest of my day-time I'm spending as a Teacher of Modesty and Flying ....... so - you can call me High Flying Modesty ZM:rofl:(pick today's lesson :http://www.diyaudio.rs/blog/6-zen-mods-blog/ )
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...