SemiSouth power Jfets .......... FW J2

Zen Mod

Preporučeni Komentari

Best solution up to now, but commonly not recommended, no pre at all, only shunt attenuator 10k with Charcroft foils in the signal path and short cables to J2.................. simply marvelous!

Most natural sound! May be bass is not totally precise, but all colors of sound are much better, which is more important to me.

I suppose the high input impedance of J2 (220k balanced) and the high gain (20db) and as Zen Mod wrote, the very small input capacitance of J2 makes this direct solution possible.

I recommend to try this possibility also ............... when you have your building of J2 finished. :headphone: :headphone: :headphone:

Hello Generg,

Better than this ? :dubbio:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 1.1k
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

A few tips to J2 builders that might help you in your quest...

• Definitely install protection Zeners, do not omit them "for the better sound"

• Make sure that your Voltage across LED string measured to ground is around 12V. With my LEDs that I purchased brand new from Mouser, 20mA each, I was measuring 17V! Ended up removing two in order to get the right voltage.

• Have closely MATCHED Semi South jFets, will make your life much easier

After that, Dolce Vita

Postavljena slika

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hello Generg, Better than this ? :dubbio:

Hi sp300b, :Viannen_loungelizard: the "poor serbian mans" solution, I don´t have it. I tried the unbalanced, normal version from the DIYforum some months ago with BA-1 and F$ and I liked more my stepped attenuator.But the luxury version of Zen Mod and balanced could be a very good choice, did you hear it already with your J2? :headphone:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

A few tips to J2 builders that might help you in your quest...

• Definitely install protection Zeners, do not omit them "for the better sound"

• Make sure that your Voltage across LED string measured to ground is around 12V. With my LEDs that I purchased brand new from Mouser, 20mA each, I was measuring 17V! Ended up removing two in order to get the right voltage.

• Have closely MATCHED Semi South jFets, will make your life much easier

After that, Dolce Vita

Postavljena slika

Thanks AR2 I will look for the voltage and install the Zeners! :Viannen_loungelizard:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hi sp300b, :Viannen_loungelizard: the "poor serbian mans" solution, I don´t have it. I tried the unbalanced, normal version from the DIYforum some months ago with BA-1 and F$ and I liked more my stepped attenuator.But the luxury version of Zen Mod and balanced could be a very good choice, did you hear it already with your J2? :headphone:

Not yet....I'm using it with Babelfish.Thanks to AR2 for advices
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

These JFets are female they like the treatment at the hairdresser ........ :rolleyes: I am so eager to hear your impression sp300b........!

I already know it will be superb....

Do you still hear your Sonido BLH with the 144 driver?

Yes, I do.
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...