SemiSouth power Jfets .......... FW J2

Zen Mod

Preporučeni Komentari

Hi Zen Mod, :Viannen_loungelizard:

I am happy you got georgous mono at least!!! :sarcastic_hand:

When you have stereo you will see the panoramic stage offered by Babelfish 2! :assshake:

Schuro got very slow the last weeks!

Because of the completely different sound of Babelfish 2 I start new with the pre amplification.

I try again passive solutions, they seem to keep the qualities of the output stage more than the active solutions I have.

And 20 db amplification is seductive to try this!

Happy evening for you! :Viannen_loungelizard: ( of course I am just hearing babefish2)

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 1.1k
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

Hi everybody,Hearing a longer time with Babelfish J2 I prefer to rise the source resistors from 22 Ohm to about 100 ohm. :lightbulb: When you have read my few lines about sound you know my joy about this amplifier, I spoke about the bass, the highs, the panoramic sound. :Viannen_loungelizard: :Viannen_loungelizard: the precision, the lightness it moves.....But it did not speak about the medium frequencies, they were praised in the reviews of J2. I could not praise them...... :blackeye: they were just ok.Maybe because I used the cheapest parts for my chaotic build or maybe the J74 aren' t matched close enough .....Maybe my speaker tends to emphasize these region...... :headphone: But I had one hope the source resistors ...... I know F 1J has 22 Ohm only, it sounded fine, but already with my BA-1 variant I had to go back to 100 Ohm. My wife came in and said what a harsh sound..... , (22 ohm).Ok play with it ....... Lovely medium region now! :sarcastic_hand:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hi everybody,

Hearing a longer time with Babelfish J2 I prefer to rise the source resistors from 22 Ohm to about 100 ohm. :lightbulb:

Ok play with it ....... Lovely medium region now! :sarcastic_hand:

And what about the bass, the highs, the panoramic sound right NOW ? :sarcastic_hand:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

After much hassle fro Generg, I replaced LED in both BJ2 boards.Still one board biases too high.I measured around against working channel to look for differences. Here they are. I didn't compare everything.Q3 - OV on bad unit 9V on good unit.Q8 - 0.3V on bad, ~19v on good unit. Both measured on From Collector to Emitter. I am inclined to think one of them is toasted.Too tired to replace them to see if that works. I need to dig around for more PNPs.I think the solder connections across R23,24 are all good. Q3 doesn't seem to be too close here, so not sure why both measure 0v.Lazy American looking for ideas :D

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

will dig tomorrow through schematic with your values ....now I'm going to catch few hours sleep

No hurry.I replaced Q3, Q8, still same results for them, 0v.Hmmm, must be something else :D Will measure some cold resistance values and continuity on both unit's see if something's amiss there, although it feals like a transistor failure somewhere. :confused1:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

compare with this

best - open this pic in some editor ( MS Paint good enough) and write your values in other color

also - let me know what is Ugs of Jfets you put in ; I presume you also match them at 2A

edit : schm deleted by ZM

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

compare with this

best - open this pic in some editor ( MS Paint good enough) and write your values in other color

also - let me know what is Ugs of Jfets you put in ; I presume you also match them at 2A

I made some progress last night. I measured everything at voltage, good and bad. For better or worse, Q14 on bad channel sputtered and blew out white smoke like a steam engine and blew fuse. Repalced it with a mismatched vgs one, and offset is bad, Q8 still no voltage (I checkd CNY17, both channels are the same). Q14 still runs hot at start as well, so worried it might blow. I measured voltages and continuity in the R23,27, 26 area, all looks good. I am using 60.4R on R23. Maybe my bad or from old schematic. Anyway's hope these look good.

edit : schm deleted by ZM

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...