SR1 sort of replica.

steenoe

Preporučeni Komentari

Wanting new speakers, here is what its at, right now: (My best guess is that this is the speaker department....)

The calculations and general designphase is done, and I just had to boast a bit :thumbsup:

I have been working my a## of lately, to get a pair of top class speakers going on, without paying several 10.000usd......

Here is the receipe (at least the one I used):

1: Steal a first class designed box, in this case it is Pass Labs SR1

2: Get some top class drivers (from stranded DIY dreams... he-he).

3: Build some prototype cab's

4: Get an expert to calculate/measure the crossover.

I am a happy camper right now, and the speakers sounds just great. The full soundstage, bottom to topend, extremely precise and detailed.

Pop into Pass Labs homepage, and have a look at the SR1's, to see where inspiration came from. I am very sure that the broader than usual mid/tweet cab is doing wonders . I didnt want to go 4-way, because the Z would drop dramatically! I am sure that NP's 4ohm spec, is all but a dream...

So far these are just prototypes, and the measured results, sets out the goal for the final design. Basicaly the bas-cab is being rebuild to at least 80l

The variovents are simply amazing. The bottomend is the most precise that I have ever heard! You can hear the bass-strings vibrate with great precision.

Never heard anything like it............

Anyway, as some of you might ask for pictures, here is Troels temporary page for this project: http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Jensen.htm

Drivers, crossover-schematic and so on, is explained there. Man does those speakers play loud and deep and clean, without problems? Yep!!

I just went to see Troels again, and pick up the speakers today. Basically I have to build the crossovers and new basscab's, so it will probably be a few days, bfore I report back :buehehe: -

Steen :rofl:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 7
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Yes, I should have done that a long time ago. Considering that the speakers counts for approx 80% of the sound in a system, it is where one should put the greatest effort. The 10" woofers has Fs=19hz and a 80l cab can be tuned to a flat 30hZ. Not bad at all. Taking all the hard work from the 7" midrange is great. The overall clarity benefits greatly from that. With a deep firm bottom, the whole thing sounds much more as it was supposed to. :thumbsup:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

@steen whatever you do , I'm glad ;I was just teasing ya all the time regarding big speakers ..... but with good intention :thumbsup: it looks that you are spending all the time building all sorts of heavy gadgets , but staying with FiFi (read - not potent enough ) speaks .now you are on my territory :buehehe:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Great job! Now that you have a proper bass, how does the Gary Karr sound ? :huh:

Thanks. Unfortunately I dont have any CD's with Gary Karr, but I am sure he would sound great. I have plenty with Willie Dixon on the standup bass, and that is indeed good sounding.

@steen whatever you do , I'm glad ;I was just teasing ya all the time regarding big speakers ..... but with good intention :huh:

I know that :huh: I also knew all the time, that you were right :huh: BTW Sorry 'bout the delay. I have been sorta busy. :lol:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• 3 nedelje kasnije...

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...