Building a field coil FR driver

Magura

Preporučeni Komentari

btw those molds will need some bleeder holes and grooves machined to hold some heaters.Next thing I would look into is:http://www.papiermache.co.uk/articles/papier-mache-paste/if you're going to make the cones out of paper, which I sincerely hope you will... :fouetaa: now I wish I had access to a lathe myself... :shakehands:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• Odgovora 80
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

cones will be made of carbon fiber ( if I remember well)surround - leatherspider - dirt cloth :shakehands:basket - plastic reinforced with fibers

That's pretty much the plan for now. I may decide to use clean cloth for the spider later on, if not for other reasons, then just as an experiment.The cones could also be paper or Kevlar, as the mold is to be lined with film. For heating the molds, I'm simply going to mount an iron to each half, hence the thick block of aluminium for spreading the heat even.Magura :fouetaa:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hi Andrics,Thanks for the suggestion, I sure will try and see if I can get some of that material. To make a test should be quite easy, as the mold will actually work for thermo forming as well.Can I see the drivers you've made? Magura :hammer:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

I buy rohacell directly from factory. I give you clarasonic web address only for information. For your driver I suggest you 2mm thick ROHACELL® 31 IGF . If you have problem to buy rohacell i can give you few sheets for testing 2mm thick ROHACELL® 51 or 71 IGF. I don't buy 31 because i made woofer and for me few grams more-less is not problem .What is diameter of your cone ?I have only one driver more . Ribbon 1.7 m long . Prototype working in my friend setup with 2 woofers like on picture. Cutoff frequency is 200 Hz active crossover set at 200Hz 24 db linkwitz filter.

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

I buy rohacell directly from factory. I give you clarasonic web address only for information. For your driver I suggest you 2mm thick ROHACELL® 31 IGF . If you have problem to buy rohacell i can give you few sheets for testing 2mm thick ROHACELL® 51 or 71 IGF. I don't buy 31 because i made woofer and for me few grams more-less is not problem .What is diameter of your cone ?

I would sure like a few sheets of 2mm thick ROHACELL® 51 for a test. And if possible a few small pieces of scrap for getting a feel for working with the material, as I'm new to this material. My cone is 150mm diameter. How much is 2mm sheet directly from the factory? CheersMagura :hammer:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

I don't see any reason why is rohacell or any other material, not good for FR cone . This is very good,ligth, hard, sound-neutral material. My woofer is 12" with 113 mm coil . Moving mass include spider and surround is around 55 - 65 gram depending of laminating material . For laminating I use aramid (kevlar ) 69g/m2 or glassfiber 35 g/m2 from both side of cone and still have low mass. For 150 mm cone diameter friom rohacell 51 mass of cone will be around 5 gram. This is a very good starting point .Sorry for my Tarzan English :hammer: i learn English from movies and internet .

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

@magura Did you have magnetic simulation of your magnet motor?

No, I have simply copied a known design for the motor, and given it a bit more power. I made most of the parts for the motor yesterday, so in short time, I should be able to test.It's just like Christmas :hammer: Magura :siroma:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

What is it you have covered the face of your cones with? Aramid?

On picture front is aramid back is glass fiber . We also made with glass fiber for both sides. We have plan to make with carbon fiber too but for now we don't find cheep supplier for ~65gm/m2 :coffee:If you want to laminate rohacell for FR cone you must find material with specific mass ( mass of materials + mass of laminating resine) less then 40 gm /m2 How to send rohacell samples to you ?
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...