Boenicke W5 SE

Nesic

Preporučeni Komentari

9 hours ago, Mikorist said:

Ja bih rekao da su neki audiofili sluhom več na nivou subatomskih čestica. Čim čuju osigurače. :D 

Sve se dešava samo na tom osnovnom nivou, ono što  vidimo i čujemo je samo posledica tih dešavanja. :w00t:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

On 8/24/2019 at 7:05 PM, NIXIE said:

Kojim li se naučnim metodama stiglo do ovih krivudavih oblika? Mislim šteta je to sad sastaviti da se ne vidi više taj rad, to je baš  kao stvoreno da jedna strana bude od klirita.:)

To je verovatno uradjeno sledecom metodom: "Hajde da uzmemo jeftine drajvere  za cca 200e, pa da napravimo zvucnik koji kosta oko 7000e, a tako veliku cenu cemo opravdati fantasticnim CNC gravurama koje izgledaju prelepo i sto je najbitnije gravurama koje jos niko nije uradio takve..." :D

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Samo da dodam da je za moj floorstander sto sam pravio neko rekao da imam "puno centara mase" zbog ukrucenja koje sam napravio i rekose da to donosi vise stete nego koristi - a pogle ovde koliko ima centara mase...  :) 

BTW, @SantoE Odlican posao si uradio... svaka cast...

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

2 hours ago, pakonja said:

To je verovatno uradjeno sledecom metodom: "Hajde da uzmemo jeftine drajvere  za cca 200e, pa da napravimo zvucnik koji kosta oko 7000e, a tako veliku cenu cemo opravdati fantasticnim CNC gravurama koje izgledaju prelepo i sto je najbitnije gravurama koje jos niko nije uradio takve..." :D

Pa slično je sa stradivarius violinama. Žice i gudalo koštaju 500e a telo violine košta 16 milona evra :smesna:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

3 hours ago, pakonja said:

Samo da dodam da je za moj floorstander sto sam pravio neko rekao da imam "puno centara mase" zbog ukrucenja koje sam napravio i rekose da to donosi vise stete nego koristi - a pogle ovde koliko ima centara mase...  :) 

Centri mase,

Rekoše neki...

:)

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 2.28.41 PM.jpg

Eto..."bolje" nego - Harbeth - Alan Shaw ih ne usvirava. :smesna:

Speaking as a designer, it is 100% my responsibility - my duty, my job to design you a speaker that you will enjoy from the moment you open the carton. It is not your responsibility to have to endure some half-baked, ill-conceived excuse for a quality speaker for hundreds of hours until you are so ground down by the experience that you can't tell right from wrong.  Sorry, but that's the reality - poor design covered-up by marketing BS: that's the top and bottom of the 'burn-in' fantasy!

You say that perhaps the burning-in process is occurring in the crossover network, rather than in the drivers themselves. I guess this is possible but it's exceedingly unlikely. The crossover network comprises coils, resistors and capacitors on a copper on fibreglass circuit board. The atoms and electrons in those components are not alive. They have no sense of time therefore they cannot degrade or age. They will have the same characteristics at the end of the universe as they have now.

The other thing that is common throughout your experiences is you and your ears. It your ears that are being 'broken-in' (burned-in), or to say that in a more friendly way, your ears are acclimatising to the new sound.

So what is actually going-on inside your brain during this acclimatisation process with other speakers? Simple: your subconscious mind is hearing various acoustic problems which your conscious mind is suppressing.

The "burn-in process" does not exist in any real technical sense as I've said here before. It is a marketing man's way of countering your subconscious mind whispering "there is something wrong with these speakers". They confuse the consumer.Those 'something wrong' signatures may be directly measurable - too bright, too hard, too much bass etc. or they may be more subtle colourations that are invisible in the basic acoustic measurements. In any event, this conscious/subconscious battle has to run its course; it can not be accelerated. The best solution is not to waste time fighting speakers with latent problems.

:D

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• 5 nedelje kasnije...

Hello all,

I am a beginner in DIY speakers, and I fall in love of this Boënicke W5 clone.

I made several 3D modelling in FreeCAD v0.18, but each time ratio seemed to be wrong :
 - First time, I openend the .CDR file with inkscape 0.92, then exported it in .SVG format. Then I import it in FreeCAD as a geometry, obviously my ratio is wrong: The W5-1138 hole on the side is only 96mm diameter (W5 need a 120mm hole).
- Second time, I take Aleks converted files, export it from .EPS to .SVG with. That time, W5-1138 hole is 128mm, that's could be relevant. But now the speaker height is 312mm ! (should be 293mm).

I don't understand from where that mistake is coming... Could anybody help me, giving some relevant sizes ?
Or just explain me from why these weak ratios appears ?

Regards

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

A lot of conversions from format to format... somewhere it get stuck with the measurements.

What are you aiming to do, will you cut it on CNC router, and which format do you need for that work?

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hello Aleks,

thanks for your quick answer. Crawling the WEB let appears, there's some strange things in conversion with Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator and others (72 dpi, 90 dpi, 96 dpi...). Somebody reported there's a 1.25 ratio for unknown reasons with these software.

That's right, I made a workaround, applying a 125% scale to CDR objects in Inkscape, before saving as .SVG. And it worked ! In FreeCAD my W5 hole is 120mm, speaker height & width are fine, and pin locator are a classical 8mm diameter.

I'll made that clone with a CNC, machining a sandwich of wood plate (16 + 22 + 22 + 22 + 22). Today my speakers just arrived from www.rumoh.eu. Please find attached a screenshot of the FreeCAD design (FE85 not yet integrated).

Another question:  I'am a bit surprised: I didn't seen anywhere absorber inside. Could you confirm ?

I am electronician, and next step (in a far futur) will be to transform it in an active speaker, with DSP and 3 way amplifier...

Clone.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Hey starfix, for the absorber here add a small amount of polyester damping sheet in a main cab, and a little of felt in FE85's cab, and that's it. This construction differs from classic speaker boxes, here's a box intended to "sound" together with the drivers.

Looking at your CAD design: You put one side wall 16mm thick, and other 8mm? The 16mm wall is where woofer aligns, 8mm is opposite.

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Humm, my woofer wall is 22mm thick and opposite wall 16mm. I didn't check that on pictures of real Boenicke W5. If  16mm/8mm are the good values, I'll have to cut in walls to reach that good values (happy to have a parametric FreeCAD model !)

My idea is to stack several wood panels to reach the external 104mm width (16+22+22+22+22 = 104mm)

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...