Šta trenutno slušam . . .

Preporučeni Komentari

Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys):

"I heard T-Model's first album, Pee-Wee Get My Gun, when I was about 18 and immediately loved it. It was so stripped down and raw, I almost couldn't believe it was real. I loved the propulsive, hypnotic thing that happens when you're making the most out of the most minimal instrumentation. I went to see him play at a little club called the Euclid Tavern in Cleveland and I was floored. He was playing a Peavey heavy metal guitar with lots of distortion, and the drummer, Spam, was obviously mentally ill. Hewould put his stick in his mouth and shake his head back and forth like a dog with a bone. Just outta control!

"That was my introduction to T-Model Ford. It had a big influence on me, and I thought I could have fun doing this kind of music. Later, a friend and I went down to Greenville, Mississippi, to find T-Model Ford. It seems crazy to drive 24 hours to try to find someone you don't even know, but I did it. I don't know what I was thinking. Greenville is pretty fucked up. Really bad drug problems, weird, a rough spot to say the least. When you hear about T-Model being a violent guy you know where it comes from. Where he's from his story is common: abused by his father, not going to school, family not around.

"This big white Lincoln pulled up with a dangerous-looking plywood trailer, with 'Boss of the Blues' painted on the side in black spray paint. It's T-Model. I walked over and said I'd been looking for him, and he told me to follow him. We get to an opening with two trailer homes and a little BBQ and a few people outside. I brought out my guitar and we plugged into the same amp and T-Model likes what he hears, understands that I know his music and I'm following him. He knew exactly what he was doing. Old guys don't play those unnecessary licks any more, they've figured out you don't need anything fancy, you just do the right shit over and over again. It's almost like outsider art. All he has to do is be himself, and that will always be pure.

"We jammed all afternoon and played a juke joint that night, then slept on his floor. He was nothing but nice – all smiles. There's nothing like T-Model's smile, and boy, he'll use it! He'll find the prettiest girl in the audience and just smile all night.

I think about him every once in a while when I'm onstage, especially when I'm having a shitty gig. When he sat behind his guitar it didn't matter that he was only getting $5 for a four-hour set, he was just happy to be able to play." It's helpful to remember that.images.jpg

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Fijuuu...!
Strasan album! Ima kod rusa.

"Pulled out this gem (Remember Me) today; I don’t know why. But damn, if it isn’t fine. Not a famous guy, but makes you wonder how much great stuff just goes untapped. Clue yourselves.

Here’s my original take for Bucketfull of Brains from 2004…

The late Charles Caldwell never made any money playing his music, but the liquor flowed fast enough in its place. He squeezed every drop of pain out of a hollow body Gibson that he bought at fourteen and was still playing forty-five years later. Sadly, just when archivists at Fat Possum discovered him and convinced him to record, pancreatic cancer came along and kicked his ass. But somehow he summoned up enough willpower to get into the studio and capture his magic for posterity.

And what a record! More John Lee Hooker than Junior Kimbrough, Caldwell’s country blues is immediately accessible; his stark stomp and strum style only occasionally accompanied by subservient percussion. “I Know I Done You Wrong”. “Hadn’t I Been Good To You”. “I’ll Do Anything You Say”. The man is hurt.

When Keith Richards hears this record, he’ll dig up Brian Jones and start the Rolling Stones all over again."81.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Evo ga čovek. Strašan baja je bio, uredne frizure, sa tetovažom gde treba, maniri na mestu, zvali ga u sve emisije. Cice su se otimale za njim. Facebook mu je delio tantijeme zbog poseta. Obogatio se i ziveo u multi penthouseima, imao dvanaest tisuca jahti i ugledan vozni park . Kupovao je i fensi parfeme.
Strašan baja je bio. A onda je umreo pre nego sto je snimio drugi album.Charles_Caldwell_2-500.jpg

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Meni po ne znam koji put otisao antiskejting na Jelicicu u qrc. . . . i gazna sila . . . i tri lepe p.cke materine . . . . 

Tako da . . . . Bogu hvala, pa se ima i nekih CD-a dok' ne "prezupcimo", shvatimo i vidimo . . . 

Odlican CD komplet . . . 

bp1.jpg

bp2.jpg

bp3.jpg

bp5.jpg

bp6.jpg

P.S. generalno u najavi - jurimo gram. rucicu koju moze i Teletabis da namesti, a ne da cekamo "gurua". ;)

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...