Magura

Preporučeni Komentari

• Odgovora 80
  • Kreirano pre
  • Zadnji odgovor pre

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Aktivni članovi u ovoj temi

Postovane slike

I'm considering building a hefty field coil FR driver.My thoughts are along the lines of Feastrex, but avoiding some of their issues.Any thoughts?Magura :rofl:

hehecopy/paste our e-mail conversation ... just for intro ....... :rofl:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

> They're not as complicated as I expected.....there may be a fine chance> here for making a hefty driver.> > yes you certainly know where to find right sort of Fe for pole piecesI hope you'll share your findings-- --....................Choky

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Mr.magura wrote:> ...> > > > What would be the right sort of steel?> > > soft one , at least I know something like that> > > > > > I am actually considering making a complete FR driver, any suggestions?> > > > > > > mucho variables> > any preference ?> ideas ?> > you are considering collaboration with someone - maybe with boyz from > Hungary - their baskets and cones (along with MC) ?>

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Mr.magura wrote:...> > Forcing an 8" to go past 15kHz would be a goal> that would be easy with strong motor> > Inverted silicone surround, maybe not paper cone? The heftiest coil seen> on planet earth. Aluminium VC, maybe work around the former....could be> done.Paper is your friend ;any other material sounds like shit comparing to paper , at least in FR spk ....... at least to my ears> >> you are considering collaboration with someone - maybe with boyz from >> Hungary - their baskets and cones (along with MC) ?> I don't know anybody from them, so not an option I guess?> > you can always write to them ; say that Prodanovic told ya for them ;maybe you can talk a little with them and use what they can sell to ya - basket with cone and MCeven if you play with FEAD ( is that proggie for mag. fields ? ) , and decide what to do for field coil and Iron , you'll certainly need several yrs of tests to even try and learn just tiny amount of knowledge which old guy from Sonido already have .man is a wizzard ; I'm speaking just knowing his products , not knowing himLowthers are overpriced junk comparing to Sonido-- --....................Choky

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

As I understand, the neodyum magnet are stronger than field coil magnet...It is a considerable job to make some thing like that...what are the adventages of such concept?regards BB

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

As I understand, the neodyum magnet are stronger than field coil magnet...It is a considerable job to make some thing like that...what are the adventages of such concept?regards BB

You can sure make a field coil stronger than a neodymium, that's just a matter of the power applied. I've played around with coils as magnets previously, and sure there is a limit, but it's beyond what you'd consider reasonable from a power consumption aspect.The main benefit, would be higher flux in the voice coil gap, and a possibility to adjust that parameter. This I would expect, could turn out as a possibility to get better frequency response in the upper end. Magura :ermm:
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

You can sure make a field coil stronger than a neodymium, that's just a matter of the power applied. I've played around with coils as magnets previously, and sure there is a limit, but it's beyond what you'd consider reasonable from a power consumption aspect.The main benefit, would be higher flux in the voice coil gap, and a possibility to adjust that parameter. This I would expect, could turn out as a possibility to get better frequency response in the upper end. Magura ;)

For some time I was also interested in making field coil magnet, but with voice coil patented by our countryman which made some controversies in hi-fi community, the DD voice coil
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

My guess would be that they find a 1000$ driver hard to sell :ermm: Magura ;)

Not really. I think they might be rather not ready to make something that would lift the company to such a high level (Aesotheria) that they don't risk at the same time to fall because of a small and miserably stupid move. Ya know, flying high means hitting hard when you fall, flying higher means hitting harder (more pain) and flying too high means you're on something ... ;)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

In that case, I guess I'm on my own.....what the hell, that's the way it usually is :ermm: Magura ;)

Not really, we are always here to support you. We probably can't always help, but you should know you're never alone. I know I'm not. Alone. At least the voice I hear in my head tells me so... ;)
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

OK, make that 7 then :ermm: So, how many of you has an idea to share?Magura ;)

I already used up my best idea to modify the loudspeaker's membrane into a thin layer, reduce the movement and increase the surface. Instead of a coil, my speakers have two metal grids, one in front and one behind the membrane and do get nicely charged with 5KV... Keeping them turned on at all times reduces the number of flying insects inside the living room... zzzapp, and it's gone (that one won't bother us anymore...) ;) My other one got used up by Shindo...
Podeli na ovim sajtovima

• 3 nedelje kasnije...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, this project is slowly taking off now. I have found another member for the team, which makes it a group of 8 :punk: He is fairly skilled, so we decided to make a few for both of us.Decisions so far:Cloth spider.Carbon cone, dampened with strips of felt.Leather surround (the easy solution).Magura :rofl:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

The plan is actually to make them, like if for serial production. That's the easy solution, to get some consistency, so another pair is not totally out of the question.We have been discussing to make the basket of either glass or carbon fiber. Any reason why that's not a good idea?Magura :punk:

Podeli na ovim sajtovima

Kreiraj nalog ili se prijavi da daš komentar

Potrebno je da budeš član DiyAudio.rs-a da bi ostavio komentar

Kreiraj nalog

Prijavite se za novi nalog na DiyAudio.rs zajednici. Jednostavno je!

Registruj novi nalog

Prijavi se

Već imaš nalog? Prijavi se ovde

Prijavi se odmah
  • Članovi koji sada čitaju   0 članova

• Nema registrovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranicu
  • Kreiraj novo...